Saturday, November 30, 2013

thanks from the sheep

I've been writing here for about five years now and, though I have loved having the space and opportunity to ramble, whine, inform, promote, and generally divulge entirely too much information in a ridiculously vague manner, I have decided to retire Gray Sheep.

I truly appreciate the readers who have dropped in, commented, followed links, and just been around. As my time has grown more limited and other concerns have taken precedence, I feel this is the right thing to do. I plan to put up an author's site (more writing stuff, less brain and heart dump) sometime in the near future, as my book, If I Would Leave Myself Behind (a novella + stories) is set to release on June 10, 2014. I will be doing a West Coast book tour and having a raging launch party in Oakland around then, in case you're inclined to make purchase and travel plans!

I'm leaving Gray Sheep up for awhile. First, I need to figure out how to archive this all for my own posterity (ha) - really, to just document this time of my life. There are things I forget. Some of them are here. Second, I don't like it when things just disappear.  Or disappear abruptly. Ideally, I will have some way of directing you to the aforementioned future site. Finally, and most importantly, I don't want to leave without saying good-bye. And thanking you for visiting. Writing can be so solitary, and I tend to lead a somewhat solitary life in a lot of ways. Knowing there are good people - friends - out there who pop in once in awhile has been more meaningful than you. know.

And so I thank you.

2 comments:

Superfantastic said...

Thanks for sharing your heart and life with us all these years. You've been brave in ways I can't imagine with how deeply you've shared. I wish you all the best and look forward to reading your book.

Hando No Kuzushi said...

Appreciate you sharing your thoughts/struggles/life these past number of years. True, writing is a solitary act, but following your blog made it feel a bit less so for me. Best wishes with your writing in the future.