Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I Win the Tired Contest

I am bone tired. Though I am usually a word geek and look up the origins of phrases, I'm pretty sure this one means you're so tired that every part of you aches, including your bones. I shall join Mensa at once.

This is no regular old didn't get enough sleep tired. This is fell asleep on the freeway 5 times yesterday. This is some serious tired.

I don't like to do things half-assed. If I'm going to be tired, I want to wake up on the Bay Bridge, about to hit the wall. I want to come extremely close to driving through my freeway exit instead of off of it in the usual manner. I'm an over-achiever.

My birthday weekend was fun, but not out of control. I danced, I ate, I played a lot of games. (Buy "It Fits," a very fun game that Jack invented that has just hit Amazon and Barnes & Noble). I'm not a big game fan, but I love Jack and he loves games. A loves B. B loves C. A loves C. That's how friendship works sometimes.

I do not think the lovely birthday dinner or raucous game-playing caused me to fall asleep 5 times on the way home from my interview at UCSF. I really hope I didn't fall asleep during the interview, but, since it was with physicians, I would hope they would have taken me to the ED (that's ER for you novices) immediately.

I do not know why I am so tired. I don't think it has to do with turning 40. It would be funny if my doctor came into the exam room after running tests and said "I have bad news for you. You are 40."

I am, in fact, going to see my doctor tomorrow. Then I have a job interview. So I hope the diagnosis is merely that I am 40, and not that I have a brain tumor or terminal cancer (see? not funny). I probably won't go to the job interview if it's one of those things. I will wear a very nice suit just in case.

I know this isn't a fun or interesting post. I haven't written in a few days and thought I should live up to my duties. Over-achiever thing and all. Update re: exhaustion tomorrow.

No comments: