Saturday, August 16, 2008

Mechanically Disinclined

Last week, my tub faucet stopped working. The diverter broke. I only know it's called a diverter (the part that you pull up to make the water go through the shower) because my handy friend Janice, who just redid most of her house on her own (including tiling and drywalling), told me what it was when I described it.

It sounded easy to fix. I went to Home Depot and bought a new tub faucet, all innards included. I attempted to fix it. I dropped the new one and all sorts of little thingies fell out. I tried to figure out where they went. I tried again today. They don't seem to serve any purpose but to make me swear and give up.

Janice and I are hanging out next week (she recently moved about 40 miles away. I miss Janice. I don't think she knows I have a blog. I'll tell her. She already knows I miss her). She will probably fix it in about 2 minutes. Until then, I am thanking any and all higher powers that I have another bathroom.

No comments: