Monday, August 4, 2008

Goodbye Constitutional Duty -- What Now?

The cool thing about jury duty is that it operates on a "use you or lose you" premise. I didn't get picked for a jury today so I can't be called again for a year. That makes me happy. Although listening to some bullshit case about someone who rear-ended someone and is alleged to have claimed more damages than actually happened (yawn) would have been a good use of my time.

Speaking of, I am not spending it wisely. I am not looking for a job. I am not organizing my home. I am not reading more. I am not practicing French or Spanish. I am not learning new things. Dammit, I am writing. I'm a little obsessed and a lot insecure, yet I can't seem to stop.

I guess it's better than that alcoholism idea I had a few days ago.

No comments: